Friday, August 21, 2009

Will Windows XP Service Pack 2 interfere with Verizon Internet Security Suite?

I have had the latter on my computer for some time. It has the following: Firewall, Privacy Manager, Pop-up blocker, Anti-virus and anti-spyware. I'm still using IE6 with SP1. I need to upgrade and wondering... about my question above.



Will Windows XP Service Pack 2 interfere with Verizon Internet Security Suite?nortonantivirus



No it will not. I have customers with VISS running on SP2. I still prefer EI6, though.



Will Windows XP Service Pack 2 interfere with Verizon Internet Security Suite?spyware



Nope. You can configure the Windows Firewall to OFF if you want. You can also UNINSTALL Internet Explorer 7 and go back to using IE6.



Windows XP with SP2 works great now. It is really awesome when you have 512MB of RAM.



Good luck and Happy Computing!
no it shouldn't affect it at all.
My gawd girl, please upgrade to SP2! It will do more to protect your computer then any anti-virus or security package that you could buy.



Windows has more holes (security) than a pound of Swiss cheese, and a lot of these were patched when SP2 was issued several years ago. And there has been numerous security updates from Redmond since then! My machine has over a hundred now.



Run, don't sashay, on over to Windows Updates (Tools %26gt; Windows Updates) and get 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment