Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I get rid of the Windows Security Alerts in my toolbar?

Every 5 minutes a balloon pops up that says, "Your system may be at risk" but I already have antivirus installed. Can this be taken off my computer??



How do I get rid of the Windows Security Alerts in my toolbar?nortonantivirus



Piece of cake:(assuming XP otherwise similar enough, chck the microsft site)



To turn off Security Center alerts



1.



Click Start and then click Control Panel.



2.



Double-click Security Center.



3.



In the Security Center, under Resources, click Change the way Security Center alerts me.



4.



In the Alert Settings dialog box, clear the Firewall, Automatic Updates, or Virus Protection check boxes, and then click OK.



When you use this procedure, the Security Center still displays your status, but does not send you alerts.



How do I get rid of the Windows Security Alerts in my toolbar?spyware



dubble click on the buttion. a window should pop up. on the left side their should be somthing that says "change the way security center alerts me" click on that then uncheck all the boxes and press ok and that it it wont sho up again

1 comment:

  1. It is very helpful and knowledgeable blog thanks for sharing this post. Computer Reformat

    ReplyDelete