Sunday, August 23, 2009

How can I keep my computer safe connecting with USB flash?

Wireless Lan adaptor? Isn't my current security set up which I use when connecting with Lan cable enough? I have never had a virus, trojan or any spy ware with it. Do I need to configure it to specifically protect the USB Lan adaptor, because I only see options for that in my Firewall which has protected automatically.



How can I keep my computer safe connecting with USB flash?vincent



A USB Flash is a thumbdrive, not a wireless LAN adaptor.



I presume that you are asking would you need extra sercurity should you use a USB wireless LAN adaptor instead of your wired LAN?



If you have switch over from Wired LAN to wireless, you do not need any extra sercurity if you already have Firewall programs such as Zone Alarm, Antivirus such as AVG and such that are kept up to date, You do not need to install any extra software. However, it would seem that you are using the inbuilt firewall in XP which is just basic and you might want to change over to 3rd party firewall programs.



However, if you are going to configure the router for use with the wireless adaptor, be sure to activate either WEP or better, WPA if it is available.



How can I keep my computer safe connecting with USB flash?adware remover



Wi-Fi Protected Access,



Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)



what these has to do with the question and answer as well. How these networking procedure or protocol can allow or inhibit the viruses or spywares if they have not invaded earlier. Report It


If you are connecting with a network cable, why would you even plug the usb wireless device in? That makes no sense whatsoever. To begin with, it sounds like you are confusing a usb flash drive with a usb wireless adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment