Sunday, August 23, 2009

I just scanned my computer for spyware. What next?

I have time warner and it comes with anti-spyware. When I did the scan it read "spyware detected-59", and



"items detected-128"



I am given the names(antispywaresuite, bestsellerAntivirus,etc)



The threat level (unknown, low,low to medium, low to high)



The category(rogue security,adware,toolbar,tracking cookie)



and the last category is headed with Information(unknown,and delete or ignore)



At the bottom I am given the option to 'exclude selected spyware' and 'quarentine all spyware'.



I just scanned my computer for spyware. What next?product key



You'll probably want to "quarantine all spyware" just to be safe.



And if it turns out that it wasnt really "spyware" then there should be a restore from quarantine built into the program which should undo the changes that it made to the suspected spyware.



Hope that helps :)



I just scanned my computer for spyware. What next?triumph



I'm not sure what Time Warner uses, but if it's respectable, it's probably safe to Quarantine all spyware. Exclude will keep it from detecting it. You might want to get a second Antispyware program, such as Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG Antispyware, or Windows Defender. The first two especially won't conflict with what you already have, and it is VERY handy to have a second opinion. I fixed computers for years, and it was very common to scan a computer with the best program available, and clean everything found, and then run another program, and find a lot more. Nothing catches everything.
sounds like too much indefferance. run this scan (free) http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ it will remove all of them. then use this free tool to make sure the toolbar spyware is gone. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/sm... good luck my friend.
Then exclude!
if it has clean then click on clean otherwise delete it

No comments:

Post a Comment