Sunday, August 23, 2009

Please help me with computer science?

I am about to take a CS course offered by UIUC.



As decribed, this course "Examines the logical organization of databases: the entity-relationship model; the hierarchical, network, and relational data models and their languages. Functional dependencies and normal forms. Design, implementation, and optimization of query languages; security and integrity; concurrency control, and distributed database systems."



I know hardware and offen use software (like Vista, office XP quicken and Photoimpact, etc). But , i have never programmed. A man who specializes in CS told me to study "C" and the prereq of that course first, and then take only that course in the next semester beginning in the January next year.



I bought a C# book and i did not know that was C sharp and the advance level of C. I have no diffculty reading it. Can I skip C and start out with C# as having no CS background.



I will appreciate your help



Please help me with computer science?pop up blocker



you can start with any programming language you want. but since you are just beginning. it is best to start with C. (or if you want start with visual basic). C is the language used in many softwares including windows so it is best to learn that since that will be your "foundation" in programming. once you have mastered C, move on to Java then C++ (you can also skip to C# if you want).

No comments:

Post a Comment