Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Anti-Virus/Malware Protection Do You Use On Your Computer?

I found both McAfee and Norton's Security Suite packages to be very obstructive and intrusive. I used to have McAfee AV on my old Gateway and Norton Internet Security(Symantic) on my Dell. They were such resouce hogs that I uninstalled them and went with the free version of AVG Anti-Virus, which is very non-intrusive, provides automatic updating, updates daily, and is a great product. I also have AVG Anti-Spyware, which is just as good.



Here is my complete list:



AVG Anti-Virus 7.5



AVG Anti-Spyware Pro



Spybot Search and Destroy



Windows Defender



Spyware Blaster



I also run monthly scans at Trend Micro's Housecall site:



http://housecall.trendmicro.com/



This site will scan your compuiter and remove viruses, and malware. (It won't interfere with preinstalled AV sofware.) One of the best scanners around. High speed Internet is recommended. You should try this scanner and removal product.



Jeff



What Anti-Virus/Malware Protection Do You Use On Your Computer?spyware



zone alarm pro firewall, aol active virus shield, lavasoft ad-aware, windows defender



What Anti-Virus/Malware Protection Do You Use On Your Computer?virus scan



Mac OS X :-)
I use Webroot SpySweeper and its awesome
McAfee Security Suite 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment