Friday, August 21, 2009

Although a self professed (and taught) computer geek, I am baffeled, can you help?

I have the pass code and user name for a website I need to use for business purposes.



When I put the pass code and user name in, it accepts the log in but when I go to use any of the links once logged in, it directs me back to the log in page.



Any suggestions? I have a E Machine T6520 with Windows xp and Macafee Security systems. I have added the webpage (log in page) to my "accept cookies" in internet connections and to the firewall.



This happened once before with another webpage and once I added it like this one, it worked.



What could be blocking it?



Although a self professed (and taught) computer geek, I am baffeled, can you help?norton internet security



I have experienced a similiar problem myself. I'm in the IT field my self, IT Support. I encountered the problem while trying to use internet banking, i'd like to point out that this problem i experienced happened with firefox not IE. Like many problems the issue sorted itself out. Also what firewall are you using becuase it sounds to me like the cookies are being blocked even though you set it so cookies are accepted on the site.



Trace it all back to your firewall. I hope your not using windows firewall eek!. Also another possibility do you have a spyware removal program such as adaware, or spybot search and destroy etc. Alot of them block cookies and remove them as they see them as potential spy cookies even though they may not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment