Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How do I completely reset my computer?

I don't mean restart or reset back to a previous date. I mean reset back to original factory settings.



No, I do have spyware, viruses, or trojans so don't give me links to security programs.



Last time I forgot to say:



I have a fairly new Dell and Windows Vista



I cannot seem to find my recovery disk



Any alternate, easy and safe solutions?



Thanks in advance = )



How do I completely reset my computer?triumph



Make a new recovery disk and boot from that. theres no other way... you have to reformat somehow and you need the disk to do that.



How do I completely reset my computer?worms



Without recovery disks you have two options:



Most modern laptops have a second backup drive containing the restore image instead on discs read your manual on how to access this (where possible)



Secondly you can use windows own restore points by holding f5 as you start your laptop and selecting windows restore, select a date in time which is relevent to where you would like your machine to be restored to.



Best of luck



Adam Mills
If its a dell I know they dont like to send you recovery disks for some stupid reason but there usually is a link in the control panel that says return to original factory settings. Atleast there was on my parents dell that they got last year.
According to my expirience you can request the utility disks from Dell.



You need your service tag number for this - and best option is to call them (support hotline) and explain what you need.



I did this last week, and just received the disks.



It might be different as i ordered them for a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment