Sunday, August 23, 2009

I would like to buy a wireless outdoor camera security system. Any suggestions?

I don't want to spend a fortune, but I'm not cheap either. Does anyone know of some decent wireless systems with about 4 cameras that I can mount outside and view from either my TV, Computer, or a monitor that comes with the system? Any help is appreciated.



I would like to buy a wireless outdoor camera security system. Any suggestions?virus removal



First of all, if you are looking for a good usable image you probably want to stay away from the offshore gunk being schlepped off on the geeknet and big-box stores.



There are a number of ways you can go, as for viewing camera's on TV there are channel inserters available which will superimpose your video onto a channel on your CATV. Another method is wireless UHF transmitters, however the neighbours will also be able to see snippits of your video (Which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your openness)



Another method is to use a networkable DVR which you can access through your Local network (could also be accessable remotely if you have a static IP). If you don't already have one, you will have to get a multi-port router for this to work. Cheap only 30 to 150 bucks.



You could also get a stand-alone surveillance system with a video switcher / sequencer or quad display. This will only record if you attach a recorder, but if you are looking to view only this could be the solution for you. If you take a look back in my answer history there was a similar question where I went into more detail on the differences between Switchers, Mux's, Quad's and DVR's. I also wrote an article on camera's awhile back, it is fairly old, however most of it still applies. There is more information which may help on my website at http://www.keepsafesystems.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment