Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If i strart the recovery program will i lose my security suite and my bt settings?

i am haveing trouble with my computer so i dont know if i have to save all my files and if i save my files is your securtiy suite one of those files and my bt settings as well



If i strart the recovery program will i lose my security suite and my bt settings?spyware



It depends on whether you are doing a Recovery or a Reformat.



If you are doing a Recovery you should have two choices. A Safe recovery in which all you data and downloaded programs are saved, or a Destructive Recovery in which all the data and downloaded programs are lost. This is simular to a Reformat except the computer is not repartitioned. Reformatting takes the computer back to its state when is was still in the box.



If you choose a Destructive Recovery or Reformat you should do a back up of all data files. Download programs will not be backed up and will require you download them again.



Here is a site with instructions for doing backups in XP.



http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/artic...



If i strart the recovery program will i lose my security suite and my bt settings?virus scan



If you are doing a complete recovery you will lose everything but you should back up any documents and files, pics etc on a disc.You should have an activation code to reload your security suite, once you have reloaded your OS then set up your internet connection and just re load the security program from the site and then it will ask for activation code. That is what i have done when i had to re format.
yes if it is not on the recovery disk
can you go to an earlyer restore point and see if that works if it dosent you can restore back to now

No comments:

Post a Comment