Friday, August 21, 2009

How to reset password for computer?

I have locked myself out of my acer laptop with microsoft windows. How do I get into the security to change my password and reset it? I did check the "hint" and I believe that I am typing the correct password. Any suggestions on how to get into it.



How to reset password for computer?internet



This is one of the most common questions on Yahoo! Answers, I answer this one atleast 10 times a day. You could save yourself 5 point by just using the Seach Bar here on Yahoo! Answers.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Reboot in Safe Mode with F8 and login as Administrator, from there, you can change any password that you want.



How to reset password for computer?network



if you are using windows XP then this could be of help. while the laptop boots press F8 (Keep it pressed). you'll the advanced boot option screen. select safe mode. press enter. on the welcome screen you'll get an Administrator user . select it. if you are asked for a password here and the copy of XP is factory installed, call up acer customer care and ask them the password to adminstrator login.



as you edit that you are stuck during startup, you'll have to go to the bios and check out the option. there are different bios versions and companies out there soit would be easier if you tell us what is yours.
Blush! I did this stupid thing too, and I had to bring it to Bestbuy to get it fixed.



Take it to a trustworthy computer repair store.



++EDIT++



WAIT WAIT! Listen to the 'Sam...' guy above me. I think he's right.



"Hey you! Where were you when I locked myself out, lol?"
is windows open or do u have a lock code at the startup
make sure ur user name is correct
go to control panel on start.Press User Accounts.Pick change an account.then,pick your account.Last,Click Change password and do what it says or if that doesnt work check if you writing in caps lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment